Friday, February 11, 2011

Proverbs 16

I've been feeling really burdened lately. My heart is hurting for a close friend of mine who isn't making the best decisions, and it hurts me to see her hurting herself in the long run. And i had no idea what to do about this burden that i have... And then it hit me: duh, go to the one place where the Big-Guy-In-Charge talks directly to you! lol but the problem was, i haven't opened a Bible in about 2 years :( so i grabbed my little brother and his Bible, and opened up to Proverbs, practically the perfect place to start when you're looking for words of wisdom lol

You really should go look it up and read through the chapter, its really very good lol but i'm just going to point out a few things that stuck out to me, and this situation:

16:1 & 2--"People make plans in their hearts, but the Lord controls what they say. Everything a man does might seem right to him, but the Lord knows what that man is thinking."
       This verse really stuck out to me. I have been worried for a good four days about my friend, because i can see quite obviously where she is headed down this path because of decisions she wants to make, and she can't seem to fathom what she is doing. She seems to think that she's "having fun" but in reality, she's blinded to how much more miserable she has become ever since she let the devil get a foothold in her life. Anyway, these verses showed me that although she seems to be making these decisions and going down these paths alone, God knows. God knows what she's doing, and how she will end up, and he's got her in his arms. Whether she wants to be there or not. And God is in control :) and that is comforting to me :) and in this passage, it keeps going back to the concept that God is in control of those who love him. I really like that about this passage.

16: 32-- "It is better to be patient than to fight. It is better to control your temper than to take a city."
     As of late, i've actually been getting kind of mad at my friend because of how she's been behaving. However, this just reminded me that getting angry at her will get me nowhere. All i can really do is pray for her, be there for her, and if the opportunity arises, try to show her, in a gentle way, how what she's been doing is affecting her and everyone around her.

I mean, i guess that's all i have for now... two posts in the same week, wow :) haha

1 comment:

  1. Lindsay never give up praying for your friend.God always hears you and He will help you reach out to her.She will see the light of Jesus in you and she might want to change the way she is living.

    ReplyDelete